Monday, May 23, 2011

Up in the Air

As I'm typing, our friends, Jon and Ashley, are in the air to Ethiopia! They left this morning on the 13+ hour flight from Dulles, VA to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, so they're probably pretty close!! I'm sure as exhausted as they are, excitement is probably beginning to take over in the emotions department. I can only imagine what they're feeling, knowing they will meet their daughter very soon. The sweet little face they have only been able to look at in pictures will soon be just a kiss away. I have goosebumps as I think of it!

The amount of donations you collected for their trip was incredible! I couldn't believe the generosity that poured out during the week between my blog request and collection date! Thank you so much for your support toward this family (who are strangers to most of you) and your love shown to the many lives who will be touched because of your kindness. The day I dropped the donations off, Ashley was shocked to see the amount of goodies loaded in my car, from notebooks, to baby wipes, to shampoos, conditioners, soaps, toys, bottles, valuable medicines, baby lotion, clothing, scrubs for the nannies, formula, diapers, diapers, and more diapers! Oh, did I mentions diapers??  They were SO grateful for everything that was donated to their baby's first home. Thank-You!

Here's a snapshot of my COVERED dining room table (and this was taken before all the donations were in - WOW!)

Gifts for Hannah's Hope
I can't wait to hear all the details of their trip! I'm hoping that listening to all of their stories and seeing their pictures will help to hold me over until we reach this place in our journey - probably only wishful thinking, but here's to hoping! :)  As for right now, we 're still waiting, but that's okay. We believe that each day we wait, God is strengthening our reliance on him. He is continually building us as couple and as future parents, and we know that his strength is new every morning ~ what an amazing thing to believe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a great trip, Jon and Ashley! We're praying for you, your sons at home, your sweet baby girl, a favorable court session, and the delivery of the all important MOWYA letter! Can't wait to talk when you get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment